Re: [Gnumed-devel] lab data fetcher/importer connection methods

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] lab data fetcher/importer connection methods
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 08:42:32 +1100

Ian Haywood wrote:

 > MediNet script pushes the file over
 >

 > Data formats
 >
 > The data from *some* labs is coded within HL7 formatted files,

                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
We need samples to understand the dialect of HL7.

 > permitting such data to be brought into patients' EMR as granular
 > (individual coded test) results. However much of the lab data and
 > reports handled by MediNet are plain text around which Medinet wraps
 > a standard text header to permit vendors to link within their EMRs to

We need a description of this format and a few examples.

Is it a legal problem to release examples on this list?
If a developer builds a parser, whoever has some results stored as files can test the parser, and return the error output, without the developer having to view the results.
Or the person who has the results, can deindentify the test data and
send it to the developer.