Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 00:54:55 -0500

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:59:09PM +0100, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> I see your point but I wonder whether that level of business
> logic should really be enforced at the database level ?
>
> Our widget allows for signing off groups, btw.
Ok.
> > My idea is for split viewer, with a listbox at the top listing the
> > transmissions.
> > (so FBE such a date, U&E the next, and so on), when you click, it is shown:
> > either a textbox for blobs, or the grid view for granular numeric results.
> Well, this is what we would do with "profiles" - groupings of
> related tests selectable to be shown together. Liz is working
> on the clinical side therof.
I am actually talking about *transmissions*, which are a "natural"
grouping provided by the path. lab, if you like.
> > This implies *two* tables, one for tracking results (and a blobs field),
> > and
> Which might eventually show that *all* clinical content should
yes.
> have such tracking. Which just might result in it being folded
> into clin_root_item at some point ...
hmm, I'm not sure. If a path. result is entered out-of-hours by a cron
daemon or e-mail listener, what episode and encounter does it have?
(remember in AU we can't link back to the request)

> I am fine with assuming everything to be ASCII. I do see how
> HTML might come into play (eg generated from PIT).
Should be converted to ASCII IMHO.

Ian