Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:40:50 +0100

> > > FBE:   | 3/3/05 |
> >> -------+--------+
> >> Hb     |  83    |
> >> MCV    |  86.2  |
> >> WCC    |  15.1  |
> > > -------+--------+
> > > Viewed by:
> >>    Ward 4W at 19:04 3/03/05
> >>    Pharmacist Joe Bloggs at 19:10 3/03/05
> > >   Ian Haywood at 20:32 3/03/05

> >a) we aren't tracking who's seen something in the first place
> >b) we are tracking who has reviewed (as in seen by *a* human
> >   being) items
>
> what is the difference between
>
>       "who's seen something in the first place" (a)
We aren't tracking in the first place who's seen something...

> and
>       who has reviewed
>       (as in seen by *a* human being) items (b)

The above appears to be a list of users who have accessed the
results via a certain method (there cannot be any assurance as
to whether they have physically seen and cogitated it so
there's no real value in the information). What we are
tracking is "who was the last person modifying the reviewed_by
field". We don't *intentionally* keep a *list* of people
having accessed the result (except that the list accumulates
in the audit table).

> and are you designating that (b) cares only to capture a single user,
> who sets "reviewed_by_clinician" to TRUE
pretty much, yes

> On the related issue of "reviewed_by..." (or even viewed by), is
> there agreement that the schema may need to capture a proxy user?
eventually, yes - eventually
In conjunction with all the other things you list.

The idea that is wandering about is to combine the concepts of
"care team" and "row level security". Eg. attribute single
rows to users - however, not to individual users but to user
groups defined as care teams. There may be several levels of
care teams, eg nurse team, doctor team ... By adding a user to
a care team does she transparently gain proper access.