Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] HL7 data sample for you.
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:42:59 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

except except for read access which we don't track at all,
only writes accumulate in the log
I agree just logging reads is pointless, the point is
a system where someone indicates that they "take responsibility"
for a result.
Personally I think its quite mad to be able to take responsibility
for (say) the sodium level but not the potassium, but Karsten has
presented a valid reason (results arriving at different times)
and a sane way of displaying it.

My only remaining gripe is not being able to track faxes and scans,
although I suppose lab_result.fk_med_doc does the job.

Jim Busser wrote:

On the related issue of "reviewed_by..." (or even viewed by), is there
agreement that the schema may need to capture a proxy user?
IMHO this makes the schema too complicated for the use of this specific
situation.
We should have the ability to attach free text notes to results (as in the
paper world we write comments on the blank space
at the bottom of the report page), so in this case the secretary would type
"reported verbally to Dr. Busser"

Ian