Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking (was: gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking (was: gnumed ideas 0.1 and post-0.1)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 22:36:04 +0100

> Could / should the framework for *untargetted* messages be extended
> to include task management for example sending to "reception" or
> "referrals" or "nurse" or "billing" (supposing those are different
> roles in the office) instructions on something that needs to be done?
Hm, "untargetted" alone does not convey the entire meaning. The
messages I am talking about are attached to a specific patient
but not to a specific provider. They are to be acted on *when
the record is reviewed*. Multicast messages to "reception",
"nurses", "billing" *are* targetted (to a group) and are to be
acted on pretty much now.

> - in a soaP note you put Ultrasound of abdomen
That's your note in the EMR. It records your intent of having a
scan done. It does not really have anything to do with actually
initiating the request itself (which might happen by scribbling
on paper for all the EMR knows). Except: a good UI would
*generate* the soaP note from the actual request initiation so
one would not have to write it down again in the EMR. Richard's
edit area used that concept of generating progress note.
Another connection in a good UI would be that attempting to
note down the intent of having the scan done would result in
the intent being detected by the system and the request
initiation being invoked. This is what the keyword concept is
doing in the "new" progress note input widget that Carlos has
been working on (based on Ian's initial work). From that, in
turn, the complete note would be generated along with the
initiated request.