Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: GUI (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 22:14:42 -0800

At 1:52 PM +1100 3/6/05, Ian Haywood wrote:
While I think Ian also works on some GUI stuff it may be
unrelated to what Richard is doing.
    ^^^^^^^
I certainly hope not!

Should have said it may be
        a different client than what Richard is trying to create"
but perhaps that too, is wrong.

Dunno whether it is mainly (as it could be, judging from prior posts) that the group is felt to be insufficiently focused, and/or insufficiently co-operative.

One thing taking up a some of the focus at the moment is sorting out labs. Maybe I have been part of the problem if I spawned (or helped enable) ongoing threads concerning results tracking. To the degree that results tracking can be split from (or added afterward to) lab fetching / importing, I would be happy to postpone more planning and schema change enhancements. I am just not sure if tracking has any needs that should be designed into the importer from the start.

I cannot tell (still waiting for that Linux machine, the hardware was defective) about the struggles being had getting the GUI going. If the GUI code is being neglected *because* it is hard to get wxPython installed and configured satisfactorily (if that is correct), then it *would* seem to be a problem warranting extra attention.