auditing (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking (actioning))

From: J Busser
Subject: auditing (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Results tracking (actioning))
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 10:55:14 -0800

At 2:23 PM +0100 3/6/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
maybe  test_results requires a date_time() stamp for
reviewed_by_clinician_when or reviewed_when
b) it already has a date/time stamp in the audit fields

It just dawned on me that auditing's date/time stamp would be set because the record will have been updated as a result of having been reviewed_by_clinician. However the information about when the clinician had set that flag would not be part of the "active" row, it would be over in the audited table. I guess that will satisfy auditing requirements. I just didn't know if it creates extra overhead for the audit log to have to be accessed when you want to know when something happened.