Re: [Gnumed-devel] ?search algorithm in gnuMed for patients

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] ?search algorithm in gnuMed for patients
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:24:41 +0100

> A searching anomalie on my machine.
Can you send me a full --debug log ?

> 1) Searching is in theory case insensitive I take it.
Yes, however.

If the user went to the trouble of uppercasing something we
try with that first and only search case insensitive in a
second roundtrip.

As for why a search on "h" does not find your name: Note how
all the listed names conspicously start with H in one way or
another.

The searcher does infix searching only as a last resort (but
does do it) when no names are found in another way ...  Try
"erry" as search term.

> See the attatched pngs - maybe not completely lest there is something weird
> about my name in the database.
There isn't AFAICT.

Aha, I looked at the logs. The queries need fixing, they are
broken.

The easiest way to test searching:

from Gnumed.business import gmPerson
while 1: