Re: [Gnumed-devel] --foo syntax meaning, conventions etc.

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] --foo syntax meaning, conventions etc.
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 22:09:40 -0800

At 5:18 AM +0200 3/27/05, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
Ok. Don't worry. It has nothing to do with coding or module-writing.
Do you know the conncept of commandline switches ?

Yes. I have gotten a bit familiar with them, though I had never seen the convention of double hyphen (--) which is why I wondered if it pertained to something else...

 One thing you could put in the wiki is the output of --help.

OK

Developers should grasp the concept quickly. I am afraid talking
to much about this in userspace with confuse potential users.

I understand (in fact, I had hesitated to ask the question on-list)