Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wells score - how to store it ?
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 12:24:09 +0200

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:12:50 +1000
Ian Haywood <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I think that nailed it down. Scores are processed test
> > results. Period.
> Sounds good.
> How do we maintain the link between the lab_result item and the form instance
> containing the individual score answers used to calculate the score?
> Or is the fact that they are linked to the same episode sufficient?

I feel that it should be sufficient if lab results/other measuremts/findings
are linked to the same episode. Are there medico-legal reasons for proving
which results the score was based on ? It might depend on the score what time
period should be valid, e.g. scores in emergency medicine vs. scores for
chronic diseases.
So sometimes the same episode should be enough, sometimes it should be the same
encounter.

Hilmar