Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on find patient again + gnumed.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on find patient again + gnumed.
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:25:41 +0200

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 08:26:58AM +1000, Richard wrote:

> Karsten this is still not working properly.
No doubt :-))   I am glad GNUmed runs for you at all.

> 1) Loaded me as Terry.
Good. So the search function troubles we had earlier seem
resolved.

> 2)added a SOAP note
> 3)Deleted my name from the input box - my pet beef  again - why do all the
> patients clinical notes stay there?
Because that's the current paradigm in the client and you have
not configured your client to behave differently (which is
possible but untested). In the default the patient is only
changed after a *successful* search.

> 4)Typed in my name again - hit enter > no search resulted (Maybe it assumes
> I"m still there - however didn't put up my details again)
you are entirely correct: no noticeable search because the
result of the search is the same patient as before the search

A different matter with the details - as it should not have
*changed away* from your details (as you report in 3) - they
should all still be there. Can you explain which details were
missing ?

> 5)Typed in Kirks name again - Hit Enter> no search resulted. Had to turn off
> the program to reset it to be able to search again.
That makes me wonder. Will test right away. Ah, right, you
found a bug. Fixed.

> 6) Why have 'no current patient' in the text box when a blank box says the
> same thing?
A blank box *without a label* does not say the same thing. It
can be argued, however, that the tooltip conveys enough clues
as to how to use that empty unlabelled box. If so I am fine
with removing the "no active patient".

> It is just extra typing to had to click on it, delete it,
> overtype it etc.
There is no extra typing involved. You click on the field and
start typing. Exactly like with a blank field.

> 7) When are the superfluous non-functional tabs going to be removed eg
> office/manual, sql, python etc.
Never.

Which tabs are loaded is subject to configuration. The "Release
0.1" provile is configured to only load those tabs that work and
comply with the roadmap.