Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on find patient again + gnumed.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Comments on find patient again + gnumed.
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:33:44 +0200

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 08:05:09PM +1000, E Dodd wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 04:25, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > > 3)Deleted my name from the input box - my pet beef  again - why do all
> > > the patients clinical notes stay there?
> >
> > Because that's the current paradigm in the client and you have
> > not configured your client to behave differently (which is
> > possible but untested). In the default the patient is only
> > changed after a *successful* search.
>
> >From a privacy point of view this isn't any good. My screen is seen by both
> the patient and myself, and I need to be able to clear the last patient's
> details from the screen whether I can use the next patient's file or not.
Now, that's a convincing argument we need some way to
"anonymize" the client instance on demand. I never yet saw it
from that angle.

For 0.1 we'll have to make do with going to another patient
before letting the current patient into the room. I suggest
having a dummy patient with ID 1 so people can simply type "#1"
into the search box and hit enter. Or else pull up the next
patient before letting them into the exam room.

For post-0.1 we will find a usable solution to this. Put up as
a TODO.