Re: [Gnumed-devel] Opening the debate re moving to 2.6 again

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Opening the debate re moving to 2.6 again
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:45:34 +0200

On Monday 05 September 2005 05:09, Richard Terry wrote:
> Yes I'm a pest.
>
> As most distributings are coming supplied with wxPython2.6 now, I really
> think we should debate biting the bullet and upgrading the code to make it
> 2.6 compatible. I'm more than prepared to help with this.
>
> Can we debate this again? It would certainly make migrating to an improved
> gui easier.

> Richard

Here are the facts.
SUSE wxpython 2.5.3, no updated available, 2.6.1 does not easily compile
Debian Sarge, Sid wxpython 2.4 ,

My opinion. Code is mostly fit for 2.6. We cannot move to 2.6 entirely if it
breaks 2.4.

Lets discuss this file by file. If you find something, suggest a change and we
will test it.

Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hilbert