Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed 0.1 on Windows XP
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 18:52:51 -0700

(was Re: [Gnumed-devel] wiki updating )

At 3:14 PM +0200 9/8/05, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > Also, at home, I have available both a Windows XP machine, plus a
 debian machine on which I can re-install Sarge.
You are good to go. I am not too sure about PostgreSQL on
WinXP, however, you can use the public server for testing.

 On which system would my "report" (on results of installation
 efforts) be of earlier use?
Hm, both, really. For the larger audience it may be of more
use if you start throwing WinXP bug reports our way. For
yourself and the anticoag clinic it may be more useful to
work on Debian (you may get a running system faster than
with XP so as to comment on the functionality we need to put
in for you).

Given what Sebastian has reported about Windows and GNUMed, maybe there is less value in my testing / reporting any further from Windows (at least until we have another release, and/or we get to 0.2).

In the meantime, I expect it's more useful for me to switch to Linux on which to try / run / test / report on GNUmed.