Re: [Gnumed-devel] When & where to present GNUmed e.g. IEEE Symposium? R

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] When & where to present GNUmed e.g. IEEE Symposium? Role of "Papers"?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:40:19 +0100

Hi,

On Sunday 27 November 2005 08:46, Richard Hosking wrote:
> One of the main benefits from Gnumed would be to escape the M$ licensing
> morass. Is there a credible scheduling/accounting package that could run
For the scheduling package there exist a number of FOSS packages with all
kinds of frontends. I have no hard set of prerequisites but I talked to one
company which supports exchange4linux. Whatever example I gave made them
schedule they were capable of doing it. 1 min. sessions, predefined session
types, block new entries by day, appointment type. Schedule weekly with
exceptions.

Point is. It's all there. Problem I see is that one would need a skilled
person to connect it. Someone who has a understanding of what scheduling
does.

Interfaces are there as well. Too numerous to name them. From standard web
interfaces to evolution, outlook, kontact, you name it. TRhe all communicate
through various backend interfaces. XML-RPC plus a bunch I don't know.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany