Re: [Gnumed-devel] kitchen-sink (was Re: remote control GNUmed)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] kitchen-sink (was Re: remote control GNUmed)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:20:57 +0100

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 10:16:35PM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> However is it not possible / likely that there exist solutions that
> were developed as smaller (say, hobby or limited) businesses by
> doctors or others who wanted the benefits of a billing / scheduling
> program, but whose interest or objective is *not* to become a full
> EMR?
Strangely enough, one of the people we are hoping to work
with here in Germany has actually talked to some tens of
companies/hobbyists like that over here. None of them
apparently understood a thing or were willing to share their
existing billing kernel in return for less work on the
billing kernel PLUS the GNUmed EMR.