Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed and archetypes (OpenEHR)

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Gnumed and archetypes (OpenEHR)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:48:02 +0100

Adrian,

> TO what extent is the appraoch in Gnumed compatible with the use of
> archetypes generated using the aprpaoch of OpenEHR to make data
> comparable across systems and transmissible between them, please?
Purely technically it should be OK compatible in the sense
that we try to keep our data storage clean (as in free of
presentation layer influences) and relationally sound.

Conceptually, we don't implement or emulate any of the
archetype architecture by design or intent.

There's (IMO) one golden rule to GNUmed development: If we
are at any one time to *conceptually* rewrite the clinical
structuring of GNUmed it would be along the lines of
OpenEHR.