Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed v 0.1 questions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed v 0.1 questions
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 21:05:58 +0100

On Sat, Dec 24, 2005 at 12:34:18PM +1100, Tim Churches wrote:

> > Do you think it'd be useful to add "banner" support to our
> > database ? Eg when people connect to a given database
> > there's a banner which is to be displayed by the client
>
> The potential problem is a malicious back-end mimicking a trusted
> back-end.
I know.

> [... solution is PKI but ...] No-one else worries about this,
> and I'd suggest that GNUmed doesn't, at least not until version 1.1 -
Agreed.

> for now, your banner idea sound good.
We now display this text:

Welcome to the USS Enterprise Medical Department GNUmed database.

This database is the default installation intended for
demonstration of the GNUmed client. It may be running on a
publically accessible server on the internet. Therefore any
data you enter here is likely to be lost when the database
is upgraded. It is also put at risk of unlawful disclosure.

DO NOT USE THIS DATABASE TO STORE REAL LIVE PATIENT DATA.