Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed forms printing

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed forms printing
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 08:33:35 +1000

Sebastian,

I'm not going to answer this from the technical point of view - others are far
better at that than I, Horst and Ian for example I think have already outline
this.

All I will say in my continued frustration is that form a front end/backend
point of view is:
forms=script=pathology=pasthistory=familyhistory=immunization=letter=measurement=referral=allergy

bla bla bla.

It is all one and the same thing. The information is the same. They can be
written the same,  edited the same, stored in the back end the same way.

You are trying to run before you can crawl. No point wasting time and energy
on forms when you can't even collect clinical information with accuracy.

As to the outputted format - the beaurocrats will cripple you. In Australia
most software companies have caved into the concept that they need different
pre-printed forms for each discipline - eg pathology/radiology etc. and
doctors are forever shoving different bits of paper into a printer.

Many years ago I simply decided that as all forms for all people were the same
I'd print them all the same - ie they are all to some company or other, at
some address/s, have patient info, clinical history, medications, copy to
someone, contain instructions for the test, and a series of n(number)
checkboxes to indicate specific needs (eg. Xray would have return Xray with
patient, fax report bla bla).

I'll try and find a pdf printer for windows and send one of my forms to that
so you can see my simple result. Works brilliantly, and dosn't matter if Im
doing a form for a cardiac investigation, or to a physiotherapist - all the
same.

Don't think any of this will help you.

However, again, crawl before you walk - rethink the entire paradigm (You can
have mine - I'll even help you).

Regards

Richard