Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed forms printing

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed forms printing
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:31:11 +0200

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 08:33:35AM +1000, Richard wrote:

> All I will say in my continued frustration is that form a front end/backend
> point of view is:
> forms=script=pathology=pasthistory=familyhistory=immunization=letter=measurement=referral=allergy

> It is all one and the same thing. The information is the same. They can be
> written the same,  edited the same, stored in the back end the same way.

I could easily flood your fax machine with, say, 100
different forms all in use in medicine in Germany. Of
course, the forms handling engine really should be (and will
be) generic but to an average (non-abstract) person they
won't appear the same at all.

What you are suggesting basically is what many EMRs have
been using all along - a data entry templating system.
However, yours feels very elegant and polished.