Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] revisited tweak for v_emr_journal

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] revisited tweak for v_emr_journal
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:56:54 +0200

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 08:57:06PM +0800, Syan Tan wrote:

> BTW, I have tried to bootstrap gnumed on a windows machine at work,
> and am having a hard time getting python from the bootstrap directory
> to see where the link to client directory,
> Gnumed package, is.
>
> Any suggestions  ?
The UNIX shell script does it like so:

 cd ../../
 ln -vfsn client Gnumed
 cd -
 export PYTHONPATH="${PYTHONPATH}:../../"

IOW it adds "../../" (which holds the "Gnumed" package
directory link) to the PYTHONPATH environment variable
(which gets added to sys.path at Python startup).

> Getting pyPgSQL package on a windows installation of windows to work also was
> a problem, I think I had to copy all the DLL files from postgresql into the
> pyPgSQL site-packages directory.
It's a bit of a mess, yes. Only libpq.dll should be
necessary, though. Once we have switched to psycopg2 this
will get better. Look at client/pycommon/gmPG2.py for a
glimpse of the future. gmCfg.py is the first converted
module.

> This python path finding problem is almost as diabolical as java paths,
it is

> would put most end users off, I think.
yes but the binary installer will do/does it for you