Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] revisited tweak for v_emr_journal

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [Gnumed-devel] revisited tweak for v_emr_journal
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 21:04:07 +0200

On Monday 25 September 2006 14:57, Syan Tan wrote:
> [...]
I do this all the time without probs. In the wiki i recently added:

You need to add python and postgresql (bin directorytory) to your path.
Do this via System preferences environment variables

then bootstrap via the menu shortcut.

If it fails open the shortcuts properties and copy the path created by the
install.

than open a shell (start-->run app--> cmd)
and paste the string.

It should bootstrap or show the error

I have had a few people that simply needed to add python and postgresql to
their path.

> Getting pyPgSQL package on a windows installation of windows to work also
> was a problem, I think I had to copy all the DLL files from postgresql into
> the pyPgSQL site-packages directory.
Use pypgsql 2.3 instead of the latest version. Soon we will move away from
pypgsql anyway. psycopq doesn't work well right now. Karsten and I need to
fix this on Windows

> This python path finding problem is almost as diabolical as java paths ,
> would put most end users off , I think.
It's not hard. I already detect this in my installer. I just need to modify
the path in my next release.  No magic whatsoever. i had many people install
it latetly. I always boils down to adding the above to your path