Re: [Gnumed-devel] user contributed report

From: Tim Churches
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] user contributed report
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 05:37:39 +1000

Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 12:24:18AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
>
>>> For that we'd have to add post-processing to query results
>>> and import an R binding. Which can be done but needs work to
>>> get done.
>> That's not too hard. I did this for my thesis. Just use rpy bindings and you
>> can manipulate data all you want. Just have a script run the queries and
>> work
>> with the data. used it to calculate some statistics and plot the data with
>> gnuplot.

Surely if you transfer the query results to R you would plot the results
with R? It has much better statistical features than gnuplot.

I should also point out NetEpi analysis, which uses R via Rpy for these
things. Perhaps an automated GNUmed importer can be developed - we are
working on that for other data sources (currently you have to write an
import script by hand).

Tim C