[Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping on windows

From: Ruthard Baudach
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] bootstrapping on windows
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:17:14 +0200

At the moment I gave up the idea of using a Windows postgesql server - just wanted to try the bdt import, and that's possible by exporting in Windows and transferring the file to a Linux machine,

But - I finally had a gnumed_v5 database, pgadmin showed me all postgresql roles that schould be there (the whole Enterprise medical crew et al.), yet I cannot connect. If I'm not mistaken, Windows does not support Unix sockets, thus leaving the connection type "local" useless, and there seems to be no ident server in windows, thus leyving the ident method of authentication useless. I tried host 127.0.0.1/32 and installed an identd from dyndns.org, but was not able to connect.

Being a declared Linux fan that's no problem for me, but as GNUmed wants to become software for all platforms, this problem should be solved one day. I think, either I am mistaken, or the authentication method has to be changed someday.

Regarding archiving:

At the moment we're batch scanning all paper documents and store them, all faxes after conversion in jpegs and all other electronic documentation in an intermediate directory. In a second step all fuiles in this directory are displayed, matched to a patient, renamed and stored in the patient's own directory.

Exploring the GNUmed archiving module I got the impression that you have to select a patient and scan then the documents for this patient. We tried this method, and it is far from efficient. I found an article from 06.02.2002 in the archives of Deutsch Ärzteblatt featuring MedituxArchiv, obviously programmed by German GNUmed programmers, that describes exactly this procedure. Has there been any sound reason to change it in favor of scanning patient by patient?

BDT Import works fine for name and birthdate. Is there any possiblility to import more than one patient at a time - transfering the demographic database from Main EMR to gnumed in order to use gnumed modules?

Your doing a very good job with this work, and I wish you good luck with Alluro!

Ruthard

--
.odt - Dokumente gemäß ISO 26300
Siehe http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument