Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac - yeehah

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac - yeehah
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 21:16:22 +0200

On Friday 18 May 2007 11:43, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 12:16:59AM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:
> > Building on the exceptional work done by Dominique Bünzli (He is the "mac
> > guy" who made this: http:// homepage.mac.com/dobunzli/gnumed/) I have
> > been able to package a standalone version of GNUmed for MacOSX.
>
> Nice ! Now we cannot only advertise *running* on MacOSX but
> actually be installable, too.

Not quite. Mac knows so called application bundles. It's basically running
GNUmed out of an archive. It's a single file that contains everything.

To make it installable one needs to create a package. I have not yet done so
and will most likely not as there is only two types of users. End user is
confused by packages. And developers can run from cvs easily.

> A new public database gnumed_v6 has been put up at salaam.
> THere is one running on port 5432 (PG 7.4) and another one
> on port 5433 (PG 8.1).

Works fine.

--
Sebastian Hilbert