Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac - yeehah

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed on Mac - yeehah
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 23:43:01 +0200

On Friday 18 May 2007 21:16, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

The zip compressed image is up at
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.2/GNUmed-0.2.6.dmg (52MB)
Installer is subject to change (in size and content)

It includes the client and the server. While both work fine please test the
client first by launching GNUmed launcher and connection to the public
database at salaam.homeunix.com (second profile).

I believe it runs out of the box. Please test. The log file can be found at
/Users/foo/Library/Logs

If everything works well a GNUmed icon should pop up in the doc, disappear,
and after a few second a python icon appears and the login screen comes up.

If it doesn't work please mail me the log file. One might need to install a
newer version of python. I believe python 2.3 is shipped and 2.4 is needed.

Go to http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideMac for the python
version. Please do not install anything but a newer python unless you are a
developer.

For the adventurous there is a bootstrap script included. Please install
postgres as per http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideMac

Dominique managed to sneek update functionality into the package. If you
press 'u' during the launch it will run 'update_tree.sh'

Nice work.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany