Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: Jim Busser, from Windows client 0.2.8.1 came u

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: Jim Busser, from Windows client 0.2.8.1 came up *before* even GUI login screen
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 18:54:47 +0100

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 09:03:40 -0800
> Von: James Busser <address@hidden>
> An: Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, "Hilbert, Sebastian" <address@hidden>
> Betreff: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: Jim Busser, from Windows client 0.2.8.1
> came up *before* even GUI login screen

> On 9-Jan-08, at 8:35 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
>
> >> 2008-01-08 21:34:11  [DATA]   (C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnumed
> >> \pycommon\gmCLI.py:address@hidden):  command line arguments: {'--
> >> conf-file': 'C:\\Program'}
> > OK, it doesn't like the space in /Program Files/
> >
> > You will have to enclosed the path after --conf-file= with
> > double quotes. The Windows installer should be upgraded to
> > do that.
>
> Maybe this is related to something I had found before (back in v
> 0.1x) that users ... may need to edit (right-mouse-click "Edit") the
> GNUmed "batch" file and replace two occurrences of Programme to
> PROGRA~1. Save the changes, and try the Start menu item again.
>
> ... I may need to briefly revert the wiki comment
>
>       "versions 0.2.6 and higher should work on Windows without further
> modifications"
>       http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideWinEn
>
> :-)

Please don't edit the comment since it is the truth. Batch file is more, gone,
history. What we have is a valid command in the start menu. This command needs
to be edited. I guess it takes a few '' to do that and no this is not a GNUmed
problem but rather a stupid Windows problems as I use Windows internal features
to generate the path. Windows should escape spaced in a path by itself. But I
guess (hope) I can help it.

Stay tuned. This will make it into 0.2.8.3 which will be released very soon.

*
* help solving the protein folding problem
foldingathome.stanford.edu
*
* sign the linux driver petion :
http://www.libranet.com/petition.html