Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: logging any-doc

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug>: logging any-doc
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 08:17:20 -0800

On 12-Jan-08, at 5:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

2008-01-12 02:19:55 [PANIC] (C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\Gnumed \wxpython\gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden): File "C:\Python25\lib\logging\__init__.py", line 731, in flush<#10-0x0A-lf> self.stream.flush()<#10-0x0A-lf>
Windows doesn't like two processes accessing the same file
too much even for flushing to disk. There's not much we can do about that.

Does this mean Windows sometimes will not like two instances of GNUmed client running on the same machine, or two instances of GNUmed running on different machines, or does it mean something else?

Also, while I know "profiles" meant something other than "users", I noticed in the test database that Nurse Chapel seemed somehow disabled. Is Leonard McCoy (any-doc) supposed to be able to re- activate her... the client does not appear to permit that. Is the ability to disable her, even though she might have had the equivalent to administrator permissions, intended? That would make sense because even though the program design might support only a single levels of GNUmed administrators, it is certainly possible that an administrator could have to be suspended from the system by an individual with interpersonal authority over them.