Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed logo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed logo
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:04:49 +0200

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 07:02:14PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> if anything were to be suggested to any of these students, it would be
> nice if any requirements or desires were put forward by two or more
> GNUmedders.

IMO it should convey:

- a sense of caring friendliness (which, generally, is
  attributed to your GP, hopefully

- relatively clear imagery

- no "standard" Red Cross because of copyright issues

- one in-your-face item of the logo shall clearly say "this
  is about healthcare given by doctors to patients in the
  community" (as opposed to at the hospital)

- no hospital-related imagery

- I don't really dislike our current logo :-)

- but I am open to other good logos

- also, Debian-Med might want another logo or two

> I suppose we should at minimum make clear that the logo should be made
> available under a suitable license. What would we suggest?

Personally I'd be quite OK with any of the OSI
approved/Creative Commons Licenses, I suppose.