Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed logo

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed logo
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 18:04:41 +0200

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 08:46:20AM -0700, James Busser wrote:

>> - a sense of caring friendliness (which, generally, is
>>   attributed to your GP, hopefully
>
> Doctor with child?

Perhaps doctor with child, parent and elderly to denote
"generational" medicine. As opposed to either of pediatrics
or geriatrics only.

> Doctor could even be female?
Why not ?

> ... if people would be too much detail for a logo, something that
> conveys calm or reassurance or tranquility
Yes. But should convey "medicine", too.

> ... visuals in support of community might include an obviously small
> building, or no building, or an open village
Doctor at table in one-storey house talking to "family" of 3
generations ? House might be adorned with Rod of Asclepios ?

>> - no hospital-related imagery
>
> ... I am wondering what hospitals have done to create such a bad name,
deeply nested hierarchies and elbow-friendly ecosystem due
to peer group size

> http://doclounge.net
Nice and crystal clear but too high a level of detail for
what we would want.