Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed logo

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: GNUmed logo
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 08:46:20 -0700

On 19-May-08, at 2:04 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 07:02:14PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

if anything were to be suggested to any of these students, it would be
nice if any requirements or desires were put forward by two or more
GNUmedders.

IMO it should convey:

- a sense of caring friendliness (which, generally, is
  attributed to your GP, hopefully

Doctor with child?
Doctor could even be female?
... if people would be too much detail for a logo, something that conveys calm or reassurance or tranquility

- relatively clear imagery

- no "standard" Red Cross because of copyright issues

- one in-your-face item of the logo shall clearly say "this
  is about healthcare given by doctors to patients in the
  community" (as opposed to at the hospital)
- no hospital-related imagery

... I am wondering what hospitals have done to create such a bad name, but have no objection :-) ... visuals in support of community might include an obviously small building, or no building, or an open village

We have a landing page graphic for a site that is meant to promote local doctors' online discussion and collegiality reminiscent of historical doctors' lounges... too much detail for an icon but I offer it only for the concept

http://doclounge.net

- I don't really dislike our current logo :-)

- but I am open to other good logos

- also, Debian-Med might want another logo or two

I suppose we should at minimum make clear that the logo should be made
available under a suitable license. What would we suggest?

Personally I'd be quite OK with any of the OSI
approved/Creative Commons Licenses, I suppose.
man/listinfo/gnumed-devel