Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:07:08 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Hello Karsten!

I was absent for some time...

Karsten> Well, we'd just need to know which fields and figure out where
Karsten> they'd fit in the logical structure of the EMR.

I've to consult my wife to find out what are all the data we would need.

Karsten> As far as allergies go the don't take up any screen real estate
Karsten> that cannot be reused another way. Just don't record any. They
Karsten> don't get in your way.

Right, but even nicer would be to have them as sort-of 'plugin' which
can simply be 'removed' (aka disabled) from the application if not required.

Similar for some other features...

Karsten> There is no encounter "form". The encounter is a fixed
Karsten> structural element which holds

Karsten> - type
Karsten> - start
Karsten> - end
Karsten> - time zone of above (only used internally)
Karsten> - location (unused so far)
Karsten> - reason for ...
Karsten> - assessment of ...

Karsten> This is a generic "encounter" which is intended to fit any and
Karsten> all healthcare encounters.

True. What about e.g. modifying labels? Is GNUmed 'translatable' ?

Karsten> Recording additional data should be done by other means, say,
Karsten> associated tables (which would need to created in the backend).

I see. So, at the moment there is no user-fields feature?

Karsten> It'll help if you tell us exactly what you'd like to record in
Karsten> addition and I should be able to tell you how and where to fit
Karsten> it in.

OK. I did not have time to install 0.3, so I'll wait for it and the come
up with more concrete tweaking-plan ;)

Karsten> True enough, it only exists in the 0.3-to-be version.

What are the major things which come in 0.3 ? Any changelog available?

Sincerely,
Gour

p.s. What do you think about putting GNUmed list on Gmane?

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D