Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:46:30 +0200

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:07:08PM +0200, Gour wrote:

> Karsten> As far as allergies go the don't take up any screen real estate
> Karsten> that cannot be reused another way. Just don't record any. They
> Karsten> don't get in your way.
>
> Right, but even nicer would be to have them as sort-of 'plugin' which
> can simply be 'removed' (aka disabled) from the application if not required.

In the case of allergies I would regard that as a clinical
mis-feature to not support them.

> Karsten> This is a generic "encounter" which is intended to fit any and
> Karsten> all healthcare encounters.
>
> True. What about e.g. modifying labels? Is GNUmed 'translatable' ?
Sure, no problem. Want to have a go ?

> Karsten> Recording additional data should be done by other means, say,
> Karsten> associated tables (which would need to created in the backend).
>
> I see. So, at the moment there is no user-fields feature?
Yes.

> Karsten> It'll help if you tell us exactly what you'd like to record in
> Karsten> addition and I should be able to tell you how and where to fit
> Karsten> it in.
>
> OK. I did not have time to install 0.3, so I'll wait for it and the come
> up with more concrete tweaking-plan ;)

There is 0.3.rc1 tarballs released on

        http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/

You'll need a v9 database (public database available).

> What are the major things which come in 0.3 ? Any changelog available?
Test results handling. Improved progress notes input (text
macros).

> p.s. What do you think about putting GNUmed list on Gmane?
I am not sure what advantage we would gain from that ?