Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs

From: Gour
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] customization docs
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:59:30 +0200

>>>>> "Karsten" == Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> writes:

Karsten> As far as allergies go the don't take up any screen real estate
Karsten> that cannot be reused another way. Just don't record any. They
Karsten> don't get in your way.

Aren't allergies displayed as "Caveat" on the top, right of Search-bar?

Karsten> In the case of allergies I would regard that as a clinical
Karsten> mis-feature to not support them.

I fully agree. My wife needs them when she works as GP doctor (but then
she has to use one of the state-approve applications and here in Croatia
all of them are for M$ OS.)

otoh, when doing homeopathy clinic there is no use of Allergies and same
is with counselling therapy, so the request isn't not to support
allergies, but being able to 'disable' them for the (non-GP) practice
where they do not play any role.

>> True. What about e.g. modifying labels? Is GNUmed 'translatable' ?
Karsten> Sure, no problem. Want to have a go ?

If I choose it, why not, although I'd probably still used English
version, but then I'd still like to change some of the fields name as
they are displayed on the screen ;)

>> p.s. What do you think about putting GNUmed list on Gmane?
Karsten> I am not sure what advantage we would gain from that ?

It does not cost anything and enables users to watch ml without the
hassle of subscribing to it by merely selecting appropriate newsgroup in
news reader.

Selecting e.g. 30 newsgroup in news reader requires much less time than
going through Mailman subscriptions 30 times.

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D