[Gnumed-devel] Starting with Gnumed

From: Rogerio Luz
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Starting with Gnumed
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 21:00:48 -0300

Hello,

my name is Rogerio Luz, I am a Mediccal Doctor in Brasil and I am starting a private practice based on general/family medicine and Acupuncture.

I am running a Debian testing (Lenny) machine and have just now managed to install and configure both Gnumed and PostgreSQL 8.3 to have a localhost database on my PC. (by the way the install local database process could warrant a little step-by-step review ... if I had not been a little ccomputer literate it would have been impossible to understand).

I would like to get invvolved in the translation and the documentation for customization of GNUmed.

I speak fluent English and Portuguese and my main goal is to implement a fully workable GNUmed in portuguese with some alteration on the current version.

I have just sent some problems taht have arisen from my first few tries to include my "paper" patients.

I hope this e-mail is a good start. I want to read the user's manual before being more expliccit on any problems I currently have to work with the database and the client :)

thanks in advance

Dr. Rogerio Luz, MD (Brasil)