Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:07:31 +0200

> > - the impossibility to edit anything after it is done but BEFORE I close
> > the consult

That can't be true simply because there is no explicit way of "closing a
consult". A consult is only
ever closed implicitely - by starting another one and considerung the new one
the current one.

Chronicity defines consultations.

> That's also a big trouble for me. As far as I understand, the purpose of
> auditing is to make changes possible, but preserve the history - right?
Correct.

> So why disable editing?
It is not disabled. As far as editing previously saved progress notes go,
however, it is
simply not yet implemented :-)

> At least it should be possible to switch notebook
> tabs
> and get back to progress tab to make additions/corrections until
> clicked "save" button,
This is possible today (and anything else would be stupid) -- but I believe you
found out
how already.

> which will close the encounter
It will not close the encounter. It cannot, because the encounter can well be
carried on
by another provider. We have this every day. Patient comes in, sees doctor in
exam room, is
transferred to monitoring unit for a while, sees radiology nurse for xray, back
to monitoring,
sees doctor again, transferred to septic operating theater - all in the same
encounter in the
course of, say, 3 hours. During normal office hours. Happened to me just a few
hours ago.

> I would rather
> stick
> to radiology and surgery report handling I try to prepare.

It is a good idea to get a first, easy use case going for oneself. More complex
ones will come
about anyways.