Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] encounter edit before final save
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:47:19 +0200

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 04:56:22PM -0700, James Busser wrote:

> The ability of providers to see information prematurely places them at
> risk of making a decision on information regarded by the creator as only
> at a "draft" (unverified) state of clinical reliability.

I am not really convinced of the idea of premature
information. Now, of course, while I am talking with the
patient and taking notes those notes are "incomplete" and
"draft". However, when I save something I better be prepared
someone else reads it - if necessary I had better add a
blurb regarding pending incoming information such as
"awaiting X-Ray results". This certainly doesn't cater for
the case where one is called away and simply cannot properly
finish the note properly but reality will always override
any model one way or another.

> Do we have agreement that it must at least always be very clear, to
> every provider when viewing information, if notes/entries cannot yet be
> regarded as "signed", even to the extent of hiding unsigned entries but
> with the option to unhide them?
It may at a later time be sensible to implement actual
signing of notes.