Re: [Gnumed-devel] NEW TOPIC - FEATURES

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] NEW TOPIC - FEATURES
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:55:55 +0200

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 04:48:21PM -0300, Rogerio Luz wrote:

> Do we have any efforts in making a feature for the creation of a
> Medicine/Prescription Database

No. A Drug Database is an undertaking which is its own
project not just by quantity but also by quality.

What we will support, of course, is "current medication" and
eventually "prescription". The main problem is getting hold
of a reliable, conveniently usable source of drug data.

> or/and a IDC 10 (WHO disease nomenclature for
> disease)  form?
The basics are there. I haven't quite decided how to best
fit it into the workflow. Same goes for ICPC.

> And what about smoking status and ginecological/obstetrical data?
This is pending.

> What I see is a field in the Health Issue field where we could just click on
> (smoking status: never, past, current) and a OB/Gyn field (infant, fertile,
> menopaused, number of births / normal delivery / C sections / Abortions )

Not sure what you mean here ?