[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.3.2 database mismatch

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed client 0.3.2 database mismatch
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:13:51 -0700

Having first installed client 0.2.8.10-1 and after connecting to the public db I had decided to install a local db as people know.

My bootstrapping was done from v9 bootstrapper so unless I made some mistake and interrupted the process, I am assuming that my system should contain both v8 and v9, is that correct?

I know that v8 must have been installed, because I was successfully able to connect locally from client 0.2.8.10-1. And I am pretty sure that I took the bootstrapping to completion therefore:

1) is there a pgadmin command that I should run that would verify which multiple databases exist?

2) is there some reason that having run the 0.2.8.10-1 client against v8 would have somehow impeded the 0.3.2 client connecting with v9 even though it may have been installed?

3) if I had inserted no new data into my v8 that I wanted to keep, should I just re-run the v9 install bootstrap?

4) not that anyone would do so in production but -- if I wished to do so -- is 0.2.8.10-1 supposed to be able to continue to interact with v8 at the same time as the 0.3.2 client is supposed to be able to interact with v9 under the same instance of postgres?

if any of the above is something that warrants a bug report, let me know.