Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-server

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-server
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 19:47:45 +0100

On Sonntag 28 Dezember 2008, you wrote:

> "The file was then saved"...
>
> ... but if the boot was from a CD-ROM live CD, would this "write" be
> to some writable space somewhere on the host computer's hard drive,
> and would therefore be of use only when rebooting from this
> *specific* host computer, or would the file be "saved" only in RAM,
> and thus lost at the next reboot?

It writes to RAM and is lost on reboot no matter what computer. This is
intended. You can however install the CD. We advertise no left-overs when
trying the Live CD so I did not see a point in making it persistent.

I am currently including it in a new version of the CD which will appear along
with GNUmed 0.4 officially. Updated live CDs will be made available any time.

Take a look at www.gnumed.de/downloads/ and watch it for updated CD images.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany