[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 19:12:33 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Like, get it into Debian Testing *now* ?? I don't believe
there is any way.

As Karsten said, there is no chance for Debian testing aka Lenny.

No, Into Unstable I mean, I guess which will be testing when testing becomes
stable. What I really mean is having gnumed-server in the same repository as
gnumed-client.

Well, in principle it is just necessary that I exchange 'experimental'
by 'unstable' in the changelog of the next package upload.  But what
could be done in five minutes has an effect I do not really like.  As
you might have noticed the last upload to experimental included calling
the database bootstrapping in the postinst script of the package.  I
would like to see much more test with this package because if you now
install the package blindly from unstable (or via Ubuntu indirectly
from unstable) and might destroy data by doing this we might make users
very angry.  If you are absolutely sure that everything is safe we
might go on.  But I would really like to include some security measures
like "Do you really want ... blabla".  That's why the package sits in
experimental for the moment.

They pulled 0.3.8 over from unstable so I guess they will pull gnumed-server
as well.

Ubuntu pulls every stuff from unstable.  You might ask them to pull
gnumed-server from experimental - but as I said, it is there for a reason.

Kind regards

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de