[Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 10:00:59 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Yes. I think automatically bootstraping is not the best option. If it is
linked to /usr/bin then all is fine.

OK.  I'll turn the postinst script into a shell script which will be
moved to /usr/sbin.  I also write a simple manpage.  Please have a
look at

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnumed-server/trunk/debian/gnumed-server_bootstrap?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-med/trunk/packages/gnumed-server/trunk/debian/gnumed-server_bootstrap.8?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

before I upload.

In the future there might be an xdialog
kind of gui to invoke bootstraping , upgrading etc.

This "future" was the point in my mind when I wanted to move the package
from experimental to unstable.

For the time being I am fine with a package that just dumps the files and
bootstaping can be called manually by root.

Even for novice users modern wiindowmanager let the invoke a script through
point and click. We might put a (non-) graphical sudo in a wrapper script.
This would be a simple GUI (actuall opening a shell).

I'm not sure whether I fully understand what you mean.  Just have a look at
the script above and see whether it fits your intention.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de