Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:21:16 +0100

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 10:00:59AM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:
> Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: gnumed in Ubuntu
>
> On Sat, 3 Jan 2009, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
>
>> Yes. I think automatically bootstraping is not the best option. If it is
>> linked to /usr/bin then all is fine.
>
> OK.  I'll turn the postinst script into a shell script which will be
> moved to /usr/sbin.

You will then have to add a

        cd /var/lib/wherever/it/used/to/be/

to the shell script or it won't work.

> I also write a simple manpage.
If you mail that to me I'll include and maintain it
upstream.

>> Even for novice users modern wiindowmanager let the invoke a script through
>> point and click. We might put a (non-) graphical sudo in a wrapper script.
>> This would be a simple GUI (actuall opening a shell).
>
> I'm not sure whether I fully understand what you mean.

He says that he's OK with a package (even in Testing) which
simply installs the files and a few menu items which the
user must click manually to actually perform the upgrade or
bootstrap.

>  Just have a look at
> the script above and see whether it fits your intention.
I'll take a look.