[Gnumed-devel] Re: volunteer for creating tickets at LP

From: Gour
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: volunteer for creating tickets at LP
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 13:53:50 +0100

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Tille <address@hidden> writes:

Andreas> HDBC is OK, but I really wonder what serious medical
Andreas> application might relay on SQLite?  The 'Lite' in the name has
Andreas> a purpose and IMHO there is nothing really lite in medical data
Andreas> applications.

Well, I need application to handle patients of me & my wife doing
counselling & homeopathy and here we are not having 80 patients in 6
hours as my wife has as GP doctor here in Croatia :-)

Besides that, SQLite can handle much big databases then it is required
for our purpose and names like Adobe, Symbian & Mozilla are members of
SQLite Consortium.

Andreas> I don't say anything against SQLite in principle - but I would
Andreas> like you to verify that this tool matches your purpose and you
Andreas> will not spend your time in a project with questionable future.

Moreover, the need to keep some client data is arousing in another
Haskell application which we need to write and so we will be able to
solve it by abstracting this database back-end 'cause SQLite will be
used as application's storage format.

However, if you our small clinic will find the need for client/server
architecture, there won't be much code to change if using HDBC (however,
Takusen is another option which we'll investigate).

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Zagreb, Croatia  | GPG key: C6E7162D