Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updating the GNUmed Mac installer disk image (dmg)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updating the GNUmed Mac installer disk image (dmg)
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:05:14 +0200

Am Mittwoch 19 August 2009 21:47:29 schrieb James Busser:
> I am delaying on Mac to upgrade my laptop from OS 10.4 Tiger to OS
> 10.5 Leopard on account of some GUI changes that drove me nuts and OS
> 10.6 Snow Leopard is supposed to come out in 1-2 months. Therefore in
> view of Apple having already refactored its directories that enclose
> Mac native python (between OS 10.4 Tiger and OS 10.5 Leopard) I
> figure I will wait until I have 10.6 installed to try to figure out a
> Mac-native-installed GNUmed.
>
> In the meantime I figured to tinker with the 2.8.3 Mac disk image and
> this is how far I have got. The next step may be to figure out what
> additional links or script modifications (given that the naming and
> version of psycopg2 needed by Mac has changed):
>
> http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/MacPackagesWIP

Good work.

Did you try it yet ? It might even work. Check the GNUmed log.

Make sure that all dependencies match the python version. In your case that is
python 2.5 which is fine.

You could try to simply replace all the current files/directories with the new
versions.

If you copy the contents of the dmg you can simply overwrite and replace. Once
you have a working version that copying step should be done by shell scripts.

Could you post a listing of the content of the dmg. I don't have access but
might be able to help a bit if I see the dmg directory and file structure.