Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updating the GNUmed Mac installer disk image (dmg)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Updating the GNUmed Mac installer disk image (dmg)
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:26:41 -0700

On 20-Aug-09, at 9:07 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

(replacements include that psycopg2 is now py25-psycopg2)

Contents/Resources/gm-mac-from-osx.log

looks good up to the line where it complains that psycopg2 is not new enough

Try replacing psycopg2 in the dmg

- from 0.2.8.3-->0.5.rc1_mac from client CLI

Contents/Resources/client/gm-from-cvs.log

same here. It uses the wrong psycopg2

But I did already replace it... the directory site-packages/ shows as follows...
mx
psycopg2 (this is old)
psycopg2-2.0.2-py2.4.egg-info (this is old)
psycopg2-2.0.9-py2.5.egg-info
py25-psycopg2
README
wx-2.8-mac-unicode
wx.pth
wxaddons
wxversion.py
wxversion.pyo

it is a matter of not yet being able to figure to re-point the binary or even the gm-from-cvs script.

In the Mac package inside Contents resides
/MacOS/GNUmedApp
and I wonder whether that is what is launched when the enclosing GUI icon is double-clicked... it seems that despite that I placed newer psycopg2 in my python 2.5 the binary will not see it... if you check the log it seems hard-coded to find this /Users/curtis/ which is invisible somewhere within the binary and to run python 2.4.

Separately, in case it would make any difference when I would again trying running from CVS from inside the package, I renamed the folder that was py25-psycopg2 to psycopg2 but despite running from CVS the log continues to show being accessed

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4

and I am not sure whether the binary is relying on a current system PATH or where gm-from-cvs.sh is taking its direction from which python to call.

/Applications/GNUmed_0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/gm-mac-osx.log
- the above is from double-clicking the binary
/Applications/GNUmed_0.5.0.app/Contents/Resources/client/gm-from-cvs.log
- the above is from my effort to run from the command line

(after this email maybe I will alter my app name to GNUmed_0.5.rc1_mac.app)