Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Please test GNUmed on Debian

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Please test GNUmed on Debian
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 16:04:43 -0700

On 24-Aug-09, at 2:47 PM, Andreas Tille wrote (in reply to Please test GNUmed on Mac)

I just uploaded gnumed-client_0.5.0 Debian packages (in case you are
running Debian on Mac this is even on topic ;-)).

Gnumed-server_v11 will follow probably at beginning of next week.
I'll be more or less offline until then.

Most recently, the installed version of gnumed-client on my Debian VM (on Mac) was 0.4.6-1.

As some may know, despite that I am running Debian stable (aliased Lenny), I had previously "pinned" gnumed-client to come from testing, as a result of which I get the same results whether I would try to apt-get install or apt-get -t testing install and both of these suggested to me that the client was up to date i.e. neither offered me 0.4.7-1.

I was only offered 0.4.7-1 after I specified -t unstable (see below) making me wonder whether anything had been filed against 0.4.7 and preventing it moving automatically into testing.

It also makes me wonder where is the 0.5.0 apparently-uploaded 2 days ago?

Output below.

address@hidden:~$ sudo apt-get install gnumed-client
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gnumed-client is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 124 not upgraded.
address@hidden:~$ sudo apt-get -t testing install gnumed-client
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
gnumed-client is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1032 not upgraded.
address@hidden:~$ sudo apt-get -t unstable install gnumed-client
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  gnumed-common gnumed-doc
Suggested packages:
  libchipcard-tools incron dwww
  gnumed-client gnumed-common gnumed-doc
3 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1130 not upgraded.
Need to get 1153kB of archives.
After this operation, 16,4kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main gnumed-client 0.4.7-1 [896kB]
Get:2 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main gnumed-doc 0.4.7-1 [117kB]
Get:3 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main gnumed-common 0.4.7-1 [140kB]
Fetched 1153kB in 6s (177kB/s)
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 171345 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace gnumed-client 0.4.6-1 (using .../gnumed- client_0.4.7-1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement gnumed-client ...
Preparing to replace gnumed-doc 0.4.6-1 (using .../gnumed- doc_0.4.7-1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement gnumed-doc ...
Preparing to replace gnumed-common 0.4.6-1 (using .../gnumed- common_0.4.7-1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement gnumed-common ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for doc-base ...
Processing 1 changed doc-base file(s)...
Registering documents with dhelp...
Registering documents with scrollkeeper...
Setting up gnumed-common (0.4.7-1) ...
Setting up gnumed-doc (0.4.7-1) ...
Setting up gnumed-client (0.4.7-1) ...
Processing triggers for menu ...