[Gnumed-devel] Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Packaging (Was: Naming convention)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 01:02:30 -0700

The people at MacPorts are being very helpful with my questions about making a suitable portfile. I mostly understand now how to get installed a copy of the GNUmed-client into the place MacPorts expects installed software to reside, which is

        opt/local/var/macports/software

Now I am struggling a bit to figure out where GNUmed expects to find everything. Following is what I observe on my Debian vm (however I did both install client and server, which maybe complicates the task.)

In the tarball are the following, grouped according to where I found them after a debian install:

        bitmaps

                into --> /usr/share/gnumed/

                ... but why not into /usr/share/gnumed/Gnumed/

        business
        exporters
        pycommon
        wxGladeWidgets
        wxpython
        __init__.py
        __init__.pyc

                above ends up in --> /usr/share/gnumed/Gnumed/

                is the second Gnumed dir needed?

                would it be better named /client ?

        check-prerequisites.py
        check-prerequisites.sh
        connectors
        gm-from-cvs.bat
        gm-from-cvs.conf
        gm-from-cvs.log
        gm-from-cvs.sh
        gm-install_client_locally.sh
        gm-read_chipcard.sh
        gm-remove_person.sh
        gnumed
        gnumed-client.desktop
        GnuPublicLicense.txt
        locale
        sitecustomize.py

                --> do the above have destinations ??
                (apart from gm-from-cvs.conf
                  which supplies gnumed.conf)
                (and gnumed which I gather supplies
                        usr/bin/gnumed

                --> does

- doc from tarball:

        gm_ctl_client.1
                ??
        gnumed.1
                ??
        gnumed.conf.example # it's just gm-from-cvs.conf
                ??

        hook_script_example.py
                --> into /home/jbusser/.gnumed/scripts
                (as hook_script.py)
                but there also resides
                        hook_script.pyc
                which originated from ??

        user-manual
                --> into /usr/share/doc/gnumed/

        additionally in Debian appear the following, but they
        appear limited to Tille-Debianized-docs
                /usr/share/doc/gnumed-client/
                        changelog.Debian.gz
                        copyright
                        README.Debian

  tarball etc/
        gnumed/
                egk+kvk-demon.conf.example      # future use?
                gnumed-client.conf.example
                # above is derived from gm-from-cvs.conf ?
                # in future will drop the .example suffix?
                mime_type2file_extension.conf.example
        gnumed-client-init_script.sh    # future use?

  debian etc/
          gnumed/
                gnumed-client.conf      # from gm-from-cvs.conf?
                gnumed-client_public.conf       # Andreas' creation?
                        (both derived from gm-from-cvs.conf ?)

                mime_type2file_extension.conf
                        (derived from
                        mime_type2file_extension.conf.example ?

                gm_ctl_client.conf  # seemingly from connectors dir
                gnumed-backup.conf      # seemingly from cvs else from server?
                gnumed-restore.conf # .example found in cvs else from server?