Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of medication handling

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] state of medication handling
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:09:34 -0700

On 2009-10-21, at 3:25 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

The first part is done

Would this be development database version 12?

The directory at

        http://salaam.homeunix.com/~ncq/gnumed/schema/gnumed_v12/

shows only an empty .dot file, maybe a cron script stalled out and just needs to be allowed to run in the next 24h or must anything manual be done?

Also, where in the CVS tree would be the module (and module file name) for what you have been able to do so far?

... it would make sense for me to postpone any efforts at documentation (for how other databases might be contributed) until the alpha using only the german source was able to be poked at, and maybe then look at how the Canadian database I posted about as follows (or US sources) might be factored:

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2009-09/msg00139.html

... for those in the US, a US-based company First data Bank charges considerable money (maybe on the order of a few thousand dollars per year per site) to use their software although if it includes drug interaction checking then that is admittedly labor-intensive and expensive for any company to maintain. A WorldVista thread and a link for possible future interest are at

        about various files in Vista

http://groups.google.com/group/hardhats/browse_thread/thread/0b715d41ea04180c/

        WorldVistA Pharmacy Drug File ReadMe

http://worldvista.org/World_VistA_EHR/license-and-readme/ReadMe%20-%20WorldVistA%20Pharmacy%20Drug%20File%202008-01-31.pdf/at_download/file