Re: [Gnumed-devel] How much does GNumed cost ?

From: Thiemo Kellner
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How much does GNumed cost ?
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:30:45 +0100

Basically we need three things:

1) public database

        this needs us to have sufficient access rights to do a
        bootstrap

In addition to having Postgres, what more would a virtual machine need (I think it's the best solution). If VMs are supplied "bare" (without even an OS) then it is presumably the customer's choice whether to load e.g. Debian which then facilitates other aspects. In any case the machine would also need the GNUmed server software etc installed.

If VMs are an option, http://www.ispone-business.de/vserver.php might be worth evaluation. I have been using it for over a year (Gentoo) and had not had any problems so far (sure it's not a high traffic site but I am permanently logged into a a horde installation during office hours). Even if the page is in German, I guess the basics are clear even if you only speak English.

Cheers

Thiemo